Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Under Construction


I took these on a walk the other day. They reminded me of the Casey Neistat youtube video  I commented on a while back. Something I'm learning is that our American perspective and understanding of Amsterdam as a utopian bicycle city is somewhat idealic and flawed. All too often we assume that Amsterdam has perfected its use of bicycles but, in fact, it too shares some common problems we are forced deal with stateside. For instance, bike lanes seem to be the first to go when construction on a street or surrounding structure is needed. Additionally so to are the the sidewalks as is apparent in the pic to the right. I was forced off the sidewalk and into the bike lane/street for about half a block...

However, there are times when we get things right... 

No comments:

Post a Comment